Future of Education Virtual Conference 2020
Time & Location
About the Event
Future of Education Conference Vision : Our vision is to make the education system future-ready by supporting educators who work hard everyday to change lives.
We have committed the next 10 years of our lives to create the most important education conference in the world that drives real change. We will achieve this by working closely with a select group of senior educators committed to making a difference. We will always keep the bar high on attendee quality and will always grow without losing the intimate peer-to-peer nature of the experience.
Future of Education Conference Overview : Let's shape the future together. We owe it to our youths.
In the next 15 years, youths will enter the workforce at a time of profound social, economical, workplace and technological change. 50% of all jobs will be replaced or heavily disrupted. There will be lots of jobs, just not enough youths with relevant skills to fulfill them. As senior educators, we all bear the responsibility to work together and prepare our youths for this change. The Future of Education Conference is dedicated to this mission. We want to drive real change by bringing together a group of senior educators who are committed to aligning the future of education with the future of work. That is why this conference is invitation-only, purpose-driven and action-oriented.
We have designed a unique and innovative virtual conference experience focused on connecting our delegates with a network of senior education industry decision makers as well as content this is highly relevant to shape the future of education. As captured in detail below, the agenda is carefully designed to have high impact networking opportunities between senior educators. The conference starts with a live 2 hours keynote session where 40+ senior educators will introduce their talk in about a minute each. After the keynote, delegates will have access to over 50+ hours of sessions to be consumed at their convenience across the five days that follow. Each delegate will be provided with material that will help them find the most relevant sessions. The conference experience includes an opportunity to request five 1:1 introductions with other senior leaders you resonate with as well as an invitation to join (for educators only) an exclusive group of senior educators for peer-to-peer collaboration across the year.
You will leave this forum with not just ideas but a real tribe of fellow senior educators who are on the same journey of systematic transformation. This is not a theoretical forum on the future of learning - it is a highly interactive conference designed to facilitate peer-to-peer learning and establish collaboration opportunities. All of the content is embedded in reality and is presented by your peers that are in decision making positions in the field of education. We have a restricted number of spots per school board and post-secondary institutes to ensure we bring together a wide range of transformation projects and ideas across Canada and the world.
This period of rapid transformation doesn't have to be a threat to our youths. It can be an advantage for our youths and the planet if we are willing to accelerate the changes we are making. The team at Future of Education Conference is committed to supporting our educators so that the next generation entering the workforce is driving innovation that helps humanity rather than being the ones disrupted by the future of work. Let's shape the future together. We owe it to our youths. APPLY TODAY to be a delegate or lead a session at the conference.
The world needs our action and our founder, Sultan Akif, is committed to that ideology. He has built 37 libraries in 10 countries in public schools with his own funds and hands. See the videos at www.libraryinaweek.com. His mission in life is to support educators just like you around the world who work hard everyday to change lives.
Conference Format and Theme - Align Future of Education with Future of Work
The conference will have two separate streams for k-12 and Post Secondary institutions respectively.
In each of these streams, there are three carefully designed themes to support educators engage, collaborate and drive real change - WHAT, HOW and WHERE
Theme No 1: WHAT - What we are teaching our youths
- This theme is focused on curriculum for future skills. You will share and learn about programs being implemented or envisioned across Canada and the world to train our youths on future skills in STEM, robotics, AI, programming, global awareness, sustainability, active listening to public speaking and many others.
Theme No 2: HOW - How are teaching our youths
- This theme is focused on the transformation of learning methods. You will share and learn about latest innovations in immersive learning, engaging projects, hands-on coding, learn by play and other processes and methodologies aligned with the future.
Theme No 3: WHERE - Where we are teaching our youths
- This theme is focused on transformation of our learning environments. You will share and learn about projects that are helping with youth mental health on campus, building inclusive spaces that are fostering creativity, innovation diversity, student engagement and student leadership.
The transformation is upon us, but we do not have to do it alone. Not a single session in this conference is theoretical in nature. The conversations will be led by your peers who are senior decision makers in school boards or post secondary institutes. In addition, your contribution to the conversation and raising awareness of projects in your area of authority will be invaluable for your peers. Deep purpose, interactive peer-to-peer conversations, seniority of delegates and action oriented sessions are what makes this forum unique.
Who Should Attend
- Business and Technical Decision Makers (administrator stream) in post secondary institutions
- K-12 School Board Executives, Principals, Vice Principles and Superintendents.
- Program Directors and Department Leads
- Teachers/Professors responsible for special transformation projects such as future skills alignment, STEAM adoption, curriculum modernization and sustainability initiatives.
- Senior decision makers responsible for the learning environment and learning experience
- Leaders responsible for mental health initiatives on campus and in schools
- Economic Development Officers from rural and urban municipalities focused on youth engagement, entrepreneurship programs and future of work.
- We have a special focus in roundtable on schools boards and colleges serving our rural communities and accelerate the adoption of future skills in our rural communities.
As an educator, your ticket Includes:
- Access to the live keynote on 5th October featuring 40 speakers!
- Access to over 40 sessions to be consumed on-demand across 5 days.
- Session guide to help you find the most relevant sessions quickly.
- 5 requests for 1:1 introductions to other speakers or delegates. With mutual consent, we will provide a contextual introduction to those you want to network and collaborate with moving forward.
- (For educators only) Invitation to join an exclusive group of senior educators to collaborate, share and learn from each other across the entire year.
We have created an event designed to connect you with a strong network of like minded educators as well as continuity of interaction across the year through the group mentioned above. The unique nature of the conference is that content is presented by your peers in a very focused manner in 30 minute session so it is actionable and relevant.
* The agenda above is tentative and subject to change.
1) Peer-to-Peer networking. We are invitation only to keep the bar high so you will be in the company of those just like you who are responsible for major decisions in their organisations. We are all facing the same pressures - this conference is designed to bring decision makers together to share knowledge and collaborate on the most innovative solutions and partnerships.
2) Access to funding. There are sessions focused on funding sources and government programs designed to support our educators. Many of these programs are under-utilized at the moment.
3) Interactive. You are a participant AND you are contributor. The conference is designed to be highly interactive filled with real projects, real lesson, real stories and very few long presentations. It is action packed in recognition of the seniority of the people in attendance.
This intimate and highly interactive conference is designed to leave you with real and actionable content and a community of like minded peers that are senior decision makers in the education industry. We are going to cap registrations at 200 delegates.
Our Founder & Team
The founder of this conference is Sultan Akif who left his successful 17 year corporate career (World Wide Solution Director for Microsoft Public Sector Services) to dedicate his life to youth empowerment. He has built one of the largest youth employment event in Canada (www.experienceyourlife.ca) as well as 37 libraries in 10 countries (www.libraryinaweek.com). He is a proud Governing Community Member at University of Toronto Mississauga, a mentor at Humber College for Entrepreneurship, a past-professor at Sheridan College and a frequent speaker at universities, colleges and schools around the world. He was ranked in the top 10 global change makers list in education by the Introducer Magazine. Just like our founder, the Future of Education Conference team are a purpose driven group of educators and professionals and this will never be just a job for us! Sultan's heart warming speech at the convocation ceremony of Sheridan College will highlight the depth of purpose behind this initiative. If this resonates with you, join us in the journey by attending the conference. Together - we are unstoppable!
If you are an educator and this resonates with you, please bring your best projects forward and apply today to attend. Let's shape the future together.
Note for Service and Product Providers
We believe the service and product providers to the education industry have a critical role to play in the transformation through innovative and game changing solutions and learning environment. If you are a service provider, Edu Tech firm or vendor in the education industry we woud love to partner with you and welcome your application but please note that this is going to be predominantly a senior educator peer-to-peer forum. Once we recieve your registration, we will circle back with a confirmation after a team review. We will select a few providers and sponsors that are most aligned with the values of the conference on driving real, deep and meaningful change through their solutions and services.
All ticket sales are final
Once we recieve your confirmed we allocate the funds for our social development projects as well as provide immediate access to value for you through the on-demand sessions. All ticket sales are final and there is no refund possible at any point during the year.
- Educators - K-12 Stream$750+$97.50 GST$750+$97.50 GST0$0
- Service/Product Provider$1,000+$130 GST$1,000+$130 GST0$0
- Educators - Post Secondary$750+$97.50 GST$750+$97.50 GST0$0
- Conference Leader/Speaker$500+$65 GST$500+$65 GST0$0
- Government Officers$750+$97.50 GST$750+$97.50 GST0$0